Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leading "middle" ones to Christ

While there is a plethora of resources available for discipling wee ones, I'm coming up short on what to do with these middle years. We've enjoyed story Bibles and books like Leading Little Ones to Christ, but now that everyone is reading on their own and my eldest is officially middle-school aged, I'm at a loss for how to communicate the truths of Scripture in a way that grips them where they're at. A lot of material aimed at family devotions is rather corny or involve lots of crafts and preparation. Is there anything out there that focuses on the awesomeness of God and our tremendous need for Him, while being straightforward and age appropriate?

I need some help from those of you ahead of me in parenting years. How do (did) you disciple your kids during their middle years?

No comments: