February is usually a coughing, hacking, sniffling month in our house. I am terribly susceptible to bronchitis--It's a joke with my Internist that I have a standing yearly appointment with him in February--and would love for once to avoid it. Here are a few things we're doing that have (so far) helped us ward off the "weedie-beasties", as our son likes to call them.
1. Wash hands!
2. Change bathroom hand towels daily.
3. Change kitchen towels and dishcloth daily.
4. Run toothbrushes, brush holder, and bathroom cups through the dishwasher at least once a week.
5. Wash all towels in hot water.
6. Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of veggies.
One last one just for fun and definitely not advocated in our home, apparently Austrian lung specialist Dr. Friedrich Bischinger says that eating your boogies will do the trick! Yuk!