Friday, November 16, 2007

Sew What?




It started off innocently enough. I was just looking for some fun clothes to sew for Sissy. I clicked from blog to blog, sewing site to sewing site, oohing and aahing over all the delightful garments others had made. I found Sew Mama Sew during kid's clothes month. It was like hitting the jackpot and I was in seamstress heaven!


Then Rebecca and Monica announced that their Christmas plans were already taking shape and they inspired me to start looking for gift ideas. I spent many evenings looking for just the perfect thing to sew or knit and waited "on pins and needles" for Sew Mama Sew to put up their month of homemade holiday tutorials. But the other day it hit me--what have I actually crafted? NOTHING! I've spent so much time admiring the beautiful work of other people that I haven't done any of my own.


Guess what? Scripture speaks to this one, too (and all on the same page in my Bible).



"He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread,
But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding." Proverbs 12:11


"The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting,
But diligence is man's precious possession." Proverbs 12:27


"The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing;
But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich." Proverbs 13:4




It stinks to realize I've been lazy and frivolous instead of being industrious, so today I am spending some time organizing my home and getting the patterns and fabric picked out in order to (hopefully) accomplish some of these exciting projects others have put before me.


Any advice on how you choose projects and actually finish them in due time would be appreciated.

No comments: