Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What's in your CD player?

We're spending a lot of time in the car traveling to see family and friends and wanted to recommend a terrific book series that has delighted all the members of our family, from kindergartner to Dad.

Gone-Away Lake and Return to Gone-Away, by Elizabeth Enright, tell of the adventures of Julian and Portia, two cousins who stumble upon an abandoned row of fantastic summer houses from a time gone by.




We borrowed the audios from our local library and are having a delightful time!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Two of my girls have read these books for school, but I never have. I'll have to get them on tape so can "read" them, too.

We just finished Farmer Boy on tape which was a lot of fun.

Edi said...

I love these books! Somehow we stumbled upon the books and then got one of the books on tape and the other on CD and they are GREAT!

We too use them for long car trips and I have enjoyed reading and listening to them as much as the children (well not as much - I can only listen maybe 1x a yr).

When we take long trips I like to find books on cd that are entertaining for us all....I cannot listen very long to the likes of "Franklin's New Bicycle" or some 7 min story.

We've also enjoyed: Farmer Boy, Little House, Call of the Wild, and Tom Sawyer