Saturday, July 5, 2008

Six


When I was One,
I had just begun.

When I was Two,
I was nearly new.

When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.

When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five
I was just alive.

But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

(From Now We are Six, by A. A. Milne)


My baby boy is six years old. (Wow. It's hard to believe my youngest child is six!) Starting with fireworks on the night you were born, you've filled our life with joy and excitement--along with a few scares! You are truly a gift from the Lord. It is our prayer that you will grow to love Jesus with all your heart, mind and strength.

Happy Birthday, Little Man!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

P.S. Please remind him to never take his special gift through TSA airport security -- a place where 6-year-old boys brandishing miniature pocket knives are suddenly viewed as potential terrorists. Yeech, what a world.