Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beauty Rest

It's here, the 7th Edition of Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, and I'm taking a bit of a hiatus to read the 1,167 pages of frugal informed shopper bliss for the girly-girl.
I love Paula Begoun's (aka the Cosmetic Cop) no-nonsense approach to reviewing cosmetics. She systematically dissects both skin care and color products, informing her readers of the effectiveness of their components and the validity of their marketing claims. She then makes nice and neat lists of her "Paula's picks"--the best products out there--which you'll be surprised to know, contain items from the cheapest of the cheapest at the drug store to the very pricey French-sounding items from the cosmetic counter at Neiman's.

As is true to form, I'm making my list of the Paula's Picks that can be snagged at Walgreen's or CVS for pennies. And, of course, I've borrowed the book from the library so I've got to work quickly--don't want a fine, you know!

No comments: