Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Love of Christ Compels Us

My husband leaves early Saturday morning on his second trip to Cuba. God has provided a wonderful opportunity for him and some of his colleagues to train Cuban pastors how to counsel their flock from the Scriptures. As I'm sure you know, You can't just waltz into Cuba as an American these days! But God has again provided humanitarian/teaching visas and they're on their way.


This is a harder trip for all of us than his other international travels not because of the hot weather and cold showers in Cuba, or because Mama might go mad as a single parent, but because we will not hear from him until he arrives back in North America. He has no phone or email while he's there. And there's always the Cuban prison scenario looming in the background!


I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm afraid to travel internationally. But when I see these pictures from his 2006 trip it makes me hunger to go with him. The people of Cuba do not have the freedoms or opulence that we have here in America, but the believers there love the Lord with the generosity and graciousness of the widow and her mite in Mark 12. They are beautiful to behold and often put us to shame.




Would you pray for us in these ways?

1. Pray that God will use my husband and his co-worker to communicate His message to His children.

2. Pray that they would make it into (and out of!) Cuba and through customs without any hassles.

3. Pray for their health and safety in a hot and humid climate. (His co-worker is in his 70's and has some health issues.)

4. Praise God for the wonderful coffee and a great translator!

5. Pray for the rest of us as we hold down the fort while he's gone and travel to visit my folks for a few days.

6. Pray that my children would be thoughtful and that I'd be godly in my single-parenting.

5 comments:

mollymccoy said...

We will be praying for you and your family. We love you.

Sarah said...

I'll be praying.

Sharon said...

You will al be in our prayers. Love to you all.

Monica said...

What an amazing opportunity. I'll be joining you prayer.

Beth said...

Praying for you, Saralyn.